West Coast Rail Forums
GCOR Examination - Printable Version

+- West Coast Rail Forums (http://www.westcoastrailforums.com)
+-- Forum: Head's Up - Railroad News - General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: General Railroad Discussion (/forum-84.html)
+--- Thread: GCOR Examination (/thread-2499.html)

Pages: 1 2

- RTTractionKid - 03-15-2008 04:43 PM

I took my GCOR exam at 8AM today and finished at 14:15. I think I did alright, but I'm still :?...I'll find out my score on Tuesday.Smile Thanks to Jaanfo for helping me with the signals (I owe you one Wink). I am excited to see how well I did! I walked out of class shaking like a leaf! My head hurts...and I think I'll take my Spring Break to put my head back together. How did you railroaders do in your exam? Mine was 450 questions...anyway...thanks for all the support...hopefully I see ya'll on the rails!Cool

- roee - 03-15-2008 09:52 PM

Hope you did well. Are you in a training program at Sac State? How do you like that? I believe the UP does its test over a 3 week period. They teach a section, and then test you on that section (ex. Air Brakes), and then train you on the next section, with a final at the end of the training.

6 hour test, now that is crazy. 450 questions.

- RTTractionKid - 03-15-2008 11:22 PM

roee Wrote:Hope you did well. Are you in a training program at Sac State? How do you like that? I believe the UP does its test over a 3 week period. They teach a section, and then test you on that section (ex. Air Brakes), and then train you on the next section, with a final at the end of the training.

6 hour test, now that is crazy. 450 questions.
Yes, actually, its Sac City (but same difference...they're both colleges) I like the program, BNSF has helped alot, Amtrak and UP people visit us sometimes. I cannot wait to graduate either Tongue Thank you all for you wishes of luck. I hope I did well.

- RTTractionKid - 03-17-2008 09:03 AM

I passed GCOR with a 96% and number three in my class!

- Jaanfo - 03-17-2008 01:03 PM

AC44Kid Wrote:I passed GCOR with a 96% and number three in my class!

Congrats!

I still beat ya though, 97% and number 2 in my class ;-) (Just figured I'd set the bar higher for when you're actuallyhired by Amtrak)

- RTTractionKid - 03-17-2008 01:33 PM

Jaanfo Wrote:
AC44Kid Wrote:I passed GCOR with a 96% and number three in my class!

Congrats!

I still beat ya though, 97% and number 2 in my class ;-) (Just figured I'd set the bar higher for when you're actuallyhired by Amtrak
Oh, gee, thanks. I'll try and beat you, I'll try to be higher, but you'll have the senority, that's what matters Wink Thanks Jared!

PS When you reply to this it will make your 200th post! Congrats on that too Tongue.

- Jaanfo - 03-17-2008 02:22 PM

AC44Kid Wrote:Oh, gee, thanks. I'll try and beat you, I'll try to be higher, but you'll have the senority, that's what matters Wink Thanks Jared!

PS When you reply to this it will make your 200th post! Congrats on that too Tongue.

The Amtrak classes are a piece of cake if you know what you're doing, at least I thought so... As for seniority, I just go higher up the roster, I invite people to apply hehehe ;-)

200 posts, wow, ummm, I'd considered not posting here nowjust to be stupid, but I had to give in lol.

- roee - 03-17-2008 07:18 PM

Not to stray too far, but does Amtrak do the same thing, with a 450 question test? Or is Amtrak's final a shorter test?

- Jaanfo - 03-17-2008 07:53 PM

Well, that's relative... The GCOR portion of the Test is 100 questions, but there are multiple portions (GCOR, AMT-3, AMT-5, Individual RR timetalbes, etc) each either 100 or 50 questions. I don't know exactly how many questions, and can't remember how I did on all of them.

- RTTractionKid - 03-17-2008 08:29 PM

Well, for us, we covered GCOR, ABTH, UPSSI, AMTK, UP, and BNSF Signals...so it was quite a bit.