BNSF "Heritage Units" updated
Hey folks, if you recall, I made my own batch of possible heritage paint schemes that BNSF should use. I have updated all of them, often making the text more accurate or just use a different paint scheme all together. Enjoy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

BTW I saved these paint schemes in JPEG form, so hopefully you guys can open them to look at them. Like the pics before, these locos were blank images drawn by Canadian Railroad enthusiast Michael Eby. I just made the paint schemes.
I think they would be hesitant about doing the 1985..... and I think UP would have issue with it as well.

Who would own the SPSF trademark anyways? BNSF or UP?
Shawn - Obsessed with Trains
Why don't you print them and send them to BNSF with a letter.

And I would agree, the SP one won't fly.
You guys have a point about the SPSF paint scheme and the issue with ownership with either UP or BNSF. I guess BNSF would do it, but only have the letters "SF" on the side.
Go to a hobby shop and you'll see that scheme with the "SF" only.
Nathan - The Amtrak Freak
Nice work!

Shouldn't the warbonnet be numbered 1996 since that is the year it merged with BN?
It wasn't me.
(12-18-2011, 08:14 AM)orange choo choo Wrote:  Nice work!

Shouldn't the warbonnet be numbered 1996 since that is the year it merged with BN?

I think he was doing the years the railroads were formed/founded rather than absorbed into what is now BNSF.
Shawn - Obsessed with Trains
(12-18-2011, 08:53 AM)penguingeneral Wrote:  
(12-18-2011, 08:14 AM)orange choo choo Wrote:  Nice work!

I think he was doing the years the railroads were formed/founded rather than absorbed into what is now BNSF.

That's right Shawn! :-)
The Shouldn't Paint So Fast engine should be numbered 1986 since that's the year the merger was denied. LOLSmiley-angry021
Andy Jackson
Bellflower CA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BNSF Leasing RJ Corman Units I love trains 2 670 02-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Last Post: TC Smith
  Heritage Units / Basic Questions TommyNinerFan 21 2,099 09-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Last Post: SP4449
  NS Heritage Units Coaster3001 147 38,114 07-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Last Post: slayman