San Diego MTS: Prepare to become PONIFIED!
06-28-2012, 01:33 PM
San Diego MTS: Prepare to become PONIFIED!
Well, it' Comic-Con time of year again, when the internet fandoms begin creeping into the area...so now, what do we have this year?

A HUB Network Press Release Wrote:To transport fans to and from the convention in style, The Hub will transform one car of the San Diego Trolley system to create a magical "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" experience showcasing some of the series' most popular characters inside and out. The train will be styled as the Friendship Express train, which is featured in the popular animated series.

First off, this is hillarious.
A trolley wrapped in a "My Little Pony" paintscheme.

I mean, I know a thing or two about the series and about the male fandom referred to as the "Bronies", but this is just hillarious, having it leak into WCRF territory!

Just for the LOLs, feel free to post pictures and videos on this thread. This should be HILLARIOUS to look at!

From the Desk of the Amtrak Fan: I'm a bit suprised they didn't choose to shrinkwrap a Superliner or an F59PHI, though.
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: San Diego MTS: Prepare to become PONIFIED!
WTF I am so disgruntled at this that I'm not even sure what to say! But I'll give it my best! *Deep breath*

I will admit, I got a good laugh or two after reading this, but that doesn't mean I'm thrilled about it. The MLP series itself is just plain ridiculous, and the fact that there is an entire fan base of grown up dudes that are obsessed with a show that looks as if it's aimed toward little girls is even more disturbing, now THIS!?!? Rather than start ranting off about my personal opinions about how ridiculous I think MLP is, I'm just gonna leave it at that. This is, after all, a train forum. Not a cartoon forum.

I'm very sure many of you old geezers have no idea what we're talking about or what MLP is. If that's a yes, all I'll say is don't bother trying to find out! LOL

On another note, I happen to be a member on a movie fansite that is slightly known for several of it's brony and pegasister members that I think may get a pretty good kick out of this. Loudlaff
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 10:36 AM
It arth out and running, and thus MTS became 20% cooler.

[Image: 1.jpg]
(Picture by AwesomeBrony)

BTW, the car number is 2006, so if anyone wants to track it...go for it!

From the Desk of the Amtrak Fan: It arth traditional to use the Royal Fullerton Voice.
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 10:49 AM
I swear, no train's paint scheme or wrap has ever wanted to make me vomit more than this one! Beingsick

Shared this pic with some people on that movie fansite I'm a member of and here are some responses.

"Oh, that's awesome! I want that train!"
"*facepalm* What has this world come to?"
"*faceDESK*"
"the world is crumbling"
07-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Honestly, why even bother with posting this in the first place?

If you think it's "20% Cooler" then fine. Who wants to know about this stuff other than Bronies? The answer, no one at all. You, sir, make me sick.

Zach

Z-Trains.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
What is the world coming to...
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to CoasterMike2105 for this post:
Amtrak/Santa Fe Boy, Lionel3751, Coaster3001
07-10-2012, 05:35 PM
(07-10-2012 12:37 PM)Z-trains Wrote:  Honestly, why even bother with posting this in the first place?

If you think it's "20% Cooler" then fine. Who wants to know about this stuff other than Bronies? The answer, no one at all. You, sir, make me sick.

Zach

And you don't have to read this thread which you obviously did from the beginning. If it is of no interest to you fine. Head ScratchHead Scratch
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to lrvto for this post:
CoasterMike2105, Amtrak/Santa Fe Boy, Coaster3001
07-10-2012, 05:40 PM
(07-10-2012 12:58 PM)CoasterMike2105 Wrote:  What is the world coming to...

Money, lots and lots of money.
07-10-2012, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 06:16 PM by orange choo choo.)
(07-10-2012 12:37 PM)Z-trains Wrote:  Honestly, why even bother with posting this in the first place?

Zach

He was being sarcastic, it's not cool at all.

If someone is sick it's the people who approved the wrap.

It wasn't me.
07-10-2012, 07:57 PM
(07-10-2012 05:40 PM)lrvto Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 12:58 PM)CoasterMike2105 Wrote:  What is the world coming to...

Money, lots and lots of money.

I guess I should've figured that MTS was being paid for this. It's a good source of revenue I'd imagine.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)