UP 4014 to leave Pomona 1/26/14
This is a cross post from the others, so forgive me. But I think it's important to share it here so folks will have time to make plans...

"
Hi Everybody-- Well, hold on to your hats, cameras, etc...

As of 5:27 PM today, 11-25-13, the following news item was sent to 'PLA' (NCRY) from an observer in Southern California...

"A UP employee from the steam program was saying it won't move out to West Colton until Sunday Dec 22. They are waiting for the SD40, reefer and bay window caboose so they can move them in and the 4014 out at the same time. It was to be in the middle of the night, but now local mayors, etc. want to make it a ceremony and Metrolink is going along with it for the publicity. They will detour their trains. It will stop every 20 miles or so for greasing, and be in W. Colton a fairly short time. They will tow with big road diesels front and rear, and pull the "hospital train" with parts and staff to fix it along the way. 30 mph max, and it will be a railfan zoo in Cajon, when it passes through there. Mainly they are waiting on the SD40 which is delayed being painted in Little Rock, AR."

Comments are graciously solicited...

KRK"

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,3246705

It's amazing how much has happened in a year. Few people would've believed this would ever happen not all that long ago.
-Mike
I wonder if the SD40 is going to be painted in MP colors. Would hate to have another case of that former MoPac SD40 up in Barstow.

Zach
Z-Trains.com
Also is the SD40-2 going to be gutted like the 6915 (DDA40X)?
Nope, the SD40 will arrive in working order.
Interesting that they would do that with no track to run it on and no where to build said track.

Zach
Z-Trains.com
I heard somewhere on Facebook that UP SD70M 4014 will also be with the Big Boy 4014 for a photo-op, since the SD70 will be re-numbered. Does anybody have info about this?
Michael - Reporting live from SAN!
(11-25-2013, 09:49 PM)Z-trains Wrote:  I wonder if the SD40 is going to be painted in MP colors. Would hate to have another case of that former MoPac SD40 up in Barstow.

Zach

Fresh coat of UP paint.

Shelley~
Oh well. Thanks for clearing that up.

Zach
Z-Trains.com
I wonder how long a "short time in Colton" is.

A week? Two weeks?
Shawn - Obsessed with Trains
Probably longer. Ed Said at the press conference that they will be do further work to prepare 4014 for the long haul to Chyenne. Including finding out how much the overhang is in a curve. Ed said that they don't have data on that. Thought that seemed odd to me.